Graduate Faculty Membership
Graduate Faculty Membership is awarded to CSU faculty who are recommended by their Department Chairs and Deans and approved by the Graduate Council. Faculty may be granted full, associate, or provisional status based on qualifications that are consistent with SACSCOC guidelines and are identified in the document Qualifications for Graduate Faculty Membership. Only faculty who have been approved for Graduate Faculty Membership are eligible to teach graduate level (5000G and above) courses.
The faculty rank listed was the rank at the time of appointment and will be updated each time a faculty member is reviewed for membership in the graduate faculty.
The following documents are meant to provide guidance to faculty seeking Graduate Faculty Membership and to guide Chairs, Deans, and members of the Graduate Council as applications are completed each year.
- Graduate Faculty Membership (PDF) (thru February 2021)
- Graduate Faculty Membership Qualifications (PDF)
- Instructions: Applying for Graduate Faculty Membership (PDF)
- Instructions for Department Chair Approvals (PDF)
- Evidence for Associate Graduate Faculty Status (PDF)(optional)
- Link to Nolij (PDF)(for document storage only)