The Graduate School provides a framework for supporting excellence in graduate research, scholarship, teaching, and mentorship in accordance with Columbus State University's mission and consistent with the mission of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
The Graduate School is administered by a Graduate School Director who is assisted by a representative body, the Graduate Council. Among its other responsibilities, the Graduate Council approves new and revised graduate programs and certificates, develops policies and processes related to graduate studies, and reviews and approves faculty for teaching at the graduate level.
The Graduate Council meetings are usually held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 12:00pm in the VPAA conference room.
Graduate Council Membership 2021–2022
- Kimberly Gill, COLS
- Bryan Tyo, Secretary, COEHP
- Saoussan Maarouf, Past Chair, COEHP
- Toni Franklin, COEHP
- Sarah Gravel, Chair-Elect, COEHP
- Shamim Khan, Chair, TCOB
- Kevin Burgess, COLS
- Lisa Oberlander, COA
- Mahmut Reyhanoglu, COLS
- Jennifer Pitts, TCOB
- Dr. Tim Howard, SACSCOS Liaison
- Ryan Lynch, Faculty Senate Representative, COLS
- Ms. Kristin Williams, Graduate Admission Liaison
- Dr. Margie Yates, Interim Associate Provost and Director of the Graduate School
Meeting Dates and Minutes
Graduate Council Archives