The new graduate assistant form will be completed through DocuSign. Forms and instructions can be found on the HR website under forms. Supervisors should initiate the form and graduate assistants no longer sign or initiate the process. Once approved, grad assistants will receive notification form HR. Please be sure to carefully type in all email addresses because incorrect email addresses will stop the DocuSign process.
Please remember the following:
- The student will no longer sign the application because he or she will receive an offer letter to sign once the process is complete.
- Graduate Assistants cannot begin work and will not be paid until a clear background check is complete.
- I takes up to two weeks for the background check to be completed, so the sooner you can submit the form the sooner students will be able to start working.
- DocuSign Form
- Graduate Assistant Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- Appendix to GA Policies: Disciplines by College (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant Job Postings
- Graduate Assistant Hiring Process Flowchart (PDF)
- Graudate Assistant Regulations
- Graduate Assistant FAQs (PDF)
Note: All new graduate assistants are required to participate in Graduate Assistant Training provided by the Graduate School. Graduate assistants hired any time after the Fall 2019 training must attend next Fall's training. Additional information will be sent out prior to the start of the Fall term.